Late night or early morning time wasters:
- Fan Graphs has pitch type splits available now. They’re introduced here. An example of one is here.
- Think about why Ned Colletti is throwing bombs. At Matt Kemp.
- What’s wrong with Josh Beckett? Bobby V thinks he’s throwing his cutter too often. Beyond the Box Score thinks it might be an overuse of his mediocre change-up.
- Ponder the difference between BaseRuns and Pythagorean Won-Loss expectancy.
- Kris Benson. Yes, the Kris Benson left his start tonight with a shoulder injury. Ask yourself if you’re surprised. Meanwhile, be thankful you didn’t watch the 12-11 D’Backs win over the Rockies.
- Could John Harper have changed his tune about the Mets any more quickly?
- The Nats are heavily relying upon … Livan, among other cast-offs.
- Bloggers hate Thomas Boswell. OK. Fine. But he wrote a book a while back, Why Life Imitates the World Series, that I have to admit, was a pretty darn good read. I missed the column Boswell penned a few days ago in theWashington Post. Sure, it’s a bit glib. But he got the quotes he needed to make the story work. It’s worth your time.
Well, that should be enough to ruin any attempts at productivity tomorrow morning.